ODM Educational Group is an emerging education conglomerate headquartered at Bhubaneswar,
Odisha. It is founded by Dr. Satyabrata Minaketan. ODM Educational Group houses multiple
institutions like ODM Public School, a K-12 CBSE affiliated school, ODM Kids World, a pre-
school chain, ODM School of Advanced Learning, a test prep institute, Institute of Human
Excellence, a skill development academy, Astral Institute of Management, a B-School affiliated
to AICTE, and DIGICHAMPS, an e-learning venture.
In an interaction with The Tech Pod, Swoyan speaks about the benefits of e-learning platform inn a school. Read more!
Tell us something about yourself and what does your organization do?
I am Swoyan Satyendu, COO, ODM Educational Group. I have completed my Bachelors in Economics from Shri Ram College of Commerce, followed by courses on business management at Harvard University and London School of Economics. I share a deep interest in the space of education and technology.
Currently, I am spear-heading ODM Educational Group. ODM Educational Group is an emerging education conglomerate headquartered at Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It is founded by Dr. Satyabrata Minaketan. ODM Educational Group, houses multiple institutions like ODM Public School, K-12 CBSE affiliated school, ODM Kids World, a pre-school chain, ODM School of Advanced Learning, test prep institute, Institute of Human Excellence, a skill development academy, Astral Institute of Management, A B-School affiliated to AICTE and DIGICHAMPS, an e-learning venture.
ODM Educational Group is a very diversified group in the field of education with ultimate focus on quality. ODM’s flagship institution is its K-12 School with over 30 years of establishment i.e. ODM Public School. It is a premium school in the state of Odisha and was Ranked No. 1 school of Odisha in the Times School Rankings in 2019.
What would be the benefits of an eLearning platform in a school?
E-Learning platforms provide plethora of benefits to children and some of the most major ones are-
- Access of teacher videos by students at any time of the day.
- Online Doubt Clearing mechanism and access to the teacher for doubts beyond the school hours as well
- Organized platform to access all e-resources and content. More like a one-stop shop.
- Interactive mediums of learning a concept is available. Generally much more interesting from a student’s perspective as compared to mundane classroom teaching.
- Provision to give online tests, and access intuitive reports and results based on your performance.
Why is eLearning important in the COVID-19 crisis?
E-Learning has become the backbone of the education system in the covid-19 crisis. When the whole world came to standstill because of lockdowns across geographies, the contact-dependent school and college education programs came to a halt.
That is where, e-learning came a saviour with its best attribute. The contactless medium of providing education to the children and in some scenarios, even it managed to provide a better educational as compared to the classroom teaching.
What measures should an educational institute undertake to impart education in lockdown?
Many of the schools have already taken these measures, and other schools who haven’t taken the measure yet, should follow the same-
- Initiate online classes for children. Schedule-based on various platforms like Google Meet or Zoom.
- Introduce online doubt clearing and mentoring systems
- Provide students with chapter-wise worksheets to solve.
- Conducting examinations at regular intervals to ensure that a child has understood.
What is the scope of AI in India?
As far as education is concerned, the scope of AI is very limited currently as the education sector has mostly lagged in terms of adopting technology. I strongly feel there are going to come times in the future where AI-based education will catch speed but as we speak, my assumption is that is way into the future now.